Book a hotel with us
and get your Russian Visa Invitation
issued for free!
Best Hotels Russia is a non-Government based service.
Best Hotels Russia and our sister company CR Tour is a non-governmental organization that is officially registered as a Russian tour operator and is officially authorized to issue Russian visa invitations (sometimes called a Russian visa voucher or Russian visa support), the document necessary for foreign travelers to apply for a Russian visa at their local Russian Consulate. It is impossible to apply for a Russian tourist visa without this document.
Our fees are listed below and are based upon a service fee for the issuance of this visa invitation. Russian tourist visa invitations are not issued directly by the Russian government but are rather issued by a qualified Russian tour operator that arranges tour programs and hotel accommodations in Russia. Russian visas can be applied for directly with the Russian Consulate using the official site of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Best Hotels Russia can assist you in obtaining a Russian tourist visa invitation or Russian business visa invitation.
Russian Consulates and Embassies require a Russian visa invitation (sometimes called a voucher) in order to issue foreigners a Russian visa. Best Hotels Russia can quickly provide you with this invitation. Best Hotels Russia will issue the visa invitation and send it to you via email, fax or by post (when necessary). Customers that opt for visa support only must pay directly to the Russian Consulate all processing fees themselves and also mail in or bring their documents to the Russian Consulates personally. Alternatively, customers can order full visa support from us and we will take care of all contact with the Consulate. You just send us your passport and documentation and we take care of the rest. This service is available only in the US, UK and Canada. Please use the following link to find out more - full visa support.
Our Value Proposition and Services for Russian Visa Support
- Processing Time: 5 - 12 Days for Full Visa Service, 1-3 days for Visa Invitations
- Fee: Consulate Fee and Service Fee for Full Visa Service, Service Fee only for issuance of Visa Invitations
- Support: Telephone, Email and Live Chat
|Tourist Visa Invitation type||Processing Time / Price USD|
|3 days||1-2 days||Same day|
|Tourist single entry for countries of migration risk*||30||-||-|
|Tourist double entry for countries of migration risk*||30||-||-|
|Tourist single entry||18||25||39|
|Tourist double entry||18||25||39|
|Tourist with registration in St. Petersburg||55||60||70|
*List of countries of migration risk:
Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Greenland, Guadalupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Jamaica, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mexico, Mongolia, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Islands, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Republic of Korea, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Vatican City, Venezuela, Virgin Islands, Yugoslavia
|Business Visa Invitation type (sent by Telex)||Processing Time / Price USD|
|13 days||4 days|
|Business 1 month single entry||-||200|
|Business 1 month double entry||-||200|
|Business 3 months single entry||-||200|
|Business 3 month double entry||-||200|
|Multiple entry 6 months||280||-|
|Multiple entry 1 year||320||-|
|Business Visa Invitation type (paper invitation that must be mailed to you)||Processing Time / Price USD|
|20* days||6* days|
|Multiple entry 1 year||190*||-|
Business visas can only be applied for within 45 days of the applicant's planned entry into Russia
*This is for a paper invitation that must be mailed to you. Postage is not included and is extra. Express postage is charged at market rates (approximately 100 USD per package).
**Postal delivery of the Russian visa invitation is not included. Postal charges usually range between $10 and $100 depending on courier service used
***All business visas listed except where indicated are sent by telex to the Russian Consulate where you will pick it up.
For business visa support, please fax a copy of the first page of your passport to +7 812 315 9151 or scan a copy and email to email@example.com.
Applying for your Russian Visa
After receiving your visa invitation or voucher, you should visit the website or contact the Russian Consulate in your country to learn how to submit your documents and apply for a Russian visa. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit http://www.mid.ru/zu_r.nsf/strawebeng
Some Russian Consulates will request the original of the visa invitation instead of a copy. This is frequently the practice for business visas, however often for business visas a telex can be sent to the Russian Consulate.
If you discover that the original invitation or voucher is required by the Russian Consulate, please tell us and we will send it to you by express post. We require that express postage be paid by the customer.
Usual requirements for applying for a Russian visa for NON-US CITIZENS are written below:
- Russian visa application form for non-US citizens (citizens of all other countries) (PDF),
- Original passport with expiration date at least 6 months beyond the end of the visa expiration date. You must have 2 free / clean pages (no stamps or marks on these 2 pages) in the passport to which the visa will be inserted - they should be side by side
- 3 passport size photos
- Consular visa processing fee payable to the Russian Consulate by cashiers check or money order
- Cover letter (doc)
- You can usually submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you and additional information on your country's application process, please visit http://www.mid.ru/zu_r.nsf/strawebeng
- For UK and Canadian citizens: If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
- For business visas only, if you plan to stay in Russia for more than 3 months a HIV test is required (please contact the nearest Russian Consulate or Embassy or review its web site for further information)
Requirements for applying for a Russian visa for US CITIZENS
- A completed visa application form (one per person) with one professional passport-size photo glued to the appropriate space of the form. Applicants should complete Visa application on-line and print it out on the web-site: http://evisa.kdmid.ru. Please note that any other application forms are not acceptable.
- A valid passport (original) and a copy of its vital pages with bearer's personal data, passport validity extension, the bearer's name change, etc. Passport must be valid for six months beyond the visa expiration date and contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted.
- 1-2 Passport size photos
- Confirmation of the hotel reservation, a contract for provision of tourist services, confirmation of reception of the tourist. The above mentioned documents shall have register number from the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Russian Federal Tourism Agency and the seal of the host organization.
- You may submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. For more information on applying and hours of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit the official Russian Consulate website.
- If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
New visa regulations
- A foreign citizen can obtain a visa to Russia ONLY in the country of his/her citizenship. Exceptions include those who have a residence permit for a foreign country for the period more than 90 days.
- A multiple entry business visa allows nationals of all countries to stay in Russia up to 90 days out of the period of 180 days.
- US citizens can apply to 3 year multiple entry visa that allows to stay in Russia not more than 6 months. You can order 3 year multiple entry visa here
Registration of your Russian Visa
Russian law requires that travelers register their visas if they are staying in Russia for more than 7 business days. If travelers are staying in Russia more than 7 business days they should apply for the registration immediately upon arrival. Travelers who do not have their visas registered are required to pay fines when they attempt to exit Russia or if they are stopped by police in the street.
- If you are staying in a hotel, the hotel will register your visa.
- If you are staying in an apartment you will have to apply to a local migration department (OVIR) to have your visa registered.
Best Hotels Russia is also available to answer all of your questions regarding Russian visa invitations. Please contact us. To see the answers to the most frequently asked questions, please consult our FAQ page.
Please note due to licensing issues Best Hotels cannot issue Russian visa support to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria, N. Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri-Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.